The PEW Research Center recently conducted a survey of people who were visiting the Obamacare exchange websites. This is what they found.
- Only 29% of Americans say the online health insurance exchanges are working well.
- Awareness of the exchanges existence has increased significantly from September when only 51% of people knew exchanges were going to be available in their state to 65% today.
- 14% of adults have already visited an exchange and an additional 23% say they plan to.
- Of uninsured Americans, 22% have visited the site and 42% plan to do so eventually.
- Of the people who are visiting the exchange websites, 70% already have insurance provided by their employer, Medicare, or Medicaid.
- Most (58%) who visit the site say they just wanted to learn more, while 32% say they were looking for healthcare.
- 64% of uninsured Americans have visited or plan to visit an exchange website, only 33% are looking at health insurance options for themselves and their families.
- 40% of visitors report the website being difficult to use and 52% still disagree with The Affordable Care Act, no word on how they feel about Obamacare.